• Register Today It's free!

Water pump Bleed port Location?

walterd140

Reaction score
City, State
Ludlow, Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
Got a leak at / near the water pump & I don't know if it is the heater hose or bleed port. Where is the water pump bleed port located as I look down into the front of the motor? 12 o'clock being the top of the pump, 9 o'clock the passanger side of the x.

Any help? Fluid dripping at about the heater hose connection at about 10 o'clock. If I can locate the bleed, then I can figure out what is the issue (hose or pump)

Walter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 2 93' explorers and i have had the pump off on both, i dont believe that they have bleeder valves. Best bet is that its the hose.

There is a weep hole on the water pumps for the 1st gen X. I had a water pump loose the interal seal and water was coming out of the water pump quite fast from the weep hole.

I can't remember where on the pump it was.. it was years ago.. I have my old motor sitting on the ground by the shed.. I can take a look at it if you really need to know where the weep hole is.

~Mark

If it's not too much of a bother Mark, I would appericate it.
Thanks
Walter

Weep holes are usually at 6 o'clock...

Weep holes are usually at 6 o'clock...

Yep, that's where it is...I'm currently on my 3rd WP, probably about ready for another.:usa:

Yep, that's where it is...I'm currently on my 3rd WP, probably about ready for another.:usa:

I finally got some non rainy weather to uncover the old motor. The weep hole is not on the top, left or right side.. I can't see underneath since the motor is sitting on a tire on the ground.

~Mark

water pump weep hole location

if you have the time, visit the parts store and they will have a replacement pump you can look at.

Back