Waterpump leak. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Waterpump leak.

Coolant leaks are often a failing thermostat housing. Very common.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As stated, all hoses are dry. T-stat heater core tube was bad, have checked t-stat as well. Also, 4.0l SOHCs have their t-stat housing in front of the timing chains and belt tensioner, next to the alternator. That is nowhere near the exhaust or CAT.

Coolant leaks are often a failing thermostat housing. Very common.
As stated, all hoses are dry. T-stat heater core tube was bad, have checked t-stat as well. Also, 4.0l SOHCs have their t-stat housing in front of the timing chains and belt tensioner, next to the alternator. That is nowhere near the exhaust or CAT.
(Sorry, I'm new at replying)

Liquid from this area is usually from the A/C condensing water...
Don't even pull that ****. I know the difference between what clear water condensation is compared to bright green coolant. It doesn't take a damn genius..

Don't even pull that ****. I know the difference between what clear water condensation is compared to bright green coolant. It doesn't take a damn genius..
Don't be a dick man.... No need for it. Just saying
Good luck

Edited bc I don’t want to choose violence this morning

If you’re convinced it’s the pump, change the pump 🤷‍♂️

Don't be a dick man.... No need for it. Just saying
Good luck
The way you said that just made it feel condescending. I've been dealing with everyone telling me that at every point and I thought you were joining in. I am sorry. Thank you

Then it could be the heater core as it would come out the same drain as the a/c.

Can you smell antifreeze with the heat on?

and don't give me any BS about the valve being off when the heat is off. The heater core is still pressurized by back-pressure from the non-valved return line.

Then it could be the heater core as it would come out the same drain as the a/c.

Can you smell antifreeze with the heat on?

and don't give me any BS about the valve being off when the heat is off. The heater core is still pressurized by back-pressure from the non-valved return line.
Yes actually. It was exactly that. My heater core sprung a leak and has been weeping fluid out of its condensation port. It looks exactly like the AC condensatator because it's right below it. It's been dripping onto my CAT sensor and making it look like my head gasket was finally calling it quits. I put some bars radiator and heater core stop leak and it's seemed to do amazing.

And the heater core is always "running" coolant through it due to the fact it's a pressurized system. I'm pretty sure I've heard it "runs" at all times.

One last thing for everyone with this problem. grab yourself some rubber hosing, find one wide enough to fit (5/16ths I think) and run it from your condensation port to behind your front tire. You won't get a single drop of coolant onto your exhaust and it'll honestly make your engine nicer. I'm about to do the same with my ac condensation because I honestly think it's a cool idea to have a runoff. Hopefully that helps everyone!

And the heater core is always "running" coolant through it due to the fact it's a pressurized system. I'm pretty sure I've heard it "runs" at all times.

Then your heater valve is stuck open or someone removed it.

Back