We Bought Our First Volvo!! (Well... it's a GM :) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

We Bought Our First Volvo!! (Well... it's a GM :)

rvitek

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wauconda, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT 5.0
Check it out - wife and I bought our first Volvo, a 2003 Larson LXi 210! We're so stoked! As you may know, we stared off with a little Bayliner that served it's purpose - it tought us what not to do on a new boat, and what we wanted and didn't want in a new boat.

But anyway...

We went from this:

9266bl-med.jpg

To this!!

Larson LXi 210 - "Lil Stretch"
20' 6" LOA
8'3" Beam
5.0L Volvo Penta

Depth Sounder / Tilt Wheel / Flip Up, Suspension, Adjustable Captain's Chairs / Build in Bow & Glove Box Cooler / Capacity for 12 (packed like sardiens), realisticaly 8 / 4 Speaker X 52W CD / Snap-In Carpet / Full Stainless Steel / No Wood / Lifetime Transferrable Warranty

All options (all that was left was high-altitue exchange): docking lights / bimini exchange / bow & ****pit covers / extended swim platform / swing-away toungue.

(These showroom pictures don't do her justice!)
9266ls2-med.jpg

9266ls1-med.jpg

9266ls3-med.jpg

We're happy!

Stephan - if this isn't the right forum, please move me!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wanted to post another one of the bow.

Attachments

• ls4.jpg
    ls4.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 231

nice.. whens the we having a party on your boat?? lol:D

One more:

Attachments

• ls5.jpg
    ls5.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 215

Thanks J - as soon as the ice melts of course!! :D :D

Hey thanks!

We're going to slip her on Pistakee Lake, somewhere in the town of Fox Lake as that's about a 10 minute drive from Wauconda. Our intent is to use the boat, not drive the car getting there! :)

Where at in IL are you?

Ry.

Wheaton... out west... around glen ellyn, naperville, carol stream... My water needs usually draw me up north to Lake Geneva... But then again, my uncle lives there, and my parent's are looking for a place up there... And the camp associated w/ my dads church is right on the lake. So it's worth it for the lil drive up north :)

Wheaton? I remember Wheaton when Danada and Rice Lake Square didn't exist... only farms and farms and farms! I grew up in Lombard - went to school at Glenbard East, was fun but damn boaring as a kid! Lake Geneva is nice and close to our house here in Wauconda - just a 30 minute drive or so north right up 12. I like the area, but the lake is a bit expensive, and gas out there is quite high! :eek:

Which camp are you by? I stayed in Bristoll, WI once at a camp - it was very nice, and very quite (Renesiance fair wasn't going on yet). I like that area, quite - yet close enough to get you in trouble ;)

Are you going to join us on March 1st for the meet?

Ry.

nice looking boat... a lot nicer than the before one :)

Here I thought the answer to where do you go boating was going to be Bangs.

AWG: You ask, "how many hours on your Bayliner motor?" I answer, "because the previous owner had it slipped on Bangs for 20 years, it only has 114 hours." You say, "really, 114 hours for 20 years?" I say, "yea, all he did was go round in round in circles! :)"

We live right across the street from bangs (literally, I can see it out my front window) and while it's a nice little lake ... it's much too small for me. We will launch it there a few times this year to give Wauconda some money, but what I really want is to cruize the chain and all it's tributaries!

Hey Jim thanks! Ya, isn't that thing ugly? Want to buy those rims off me?

Ry.

:eek: 114 Hrs in 20 years. :eek: Those are the hours of a good summer not 20 years. I've probably come close to that in 1 years time.

Yea, we hope to put on 100hrs this summer up on the chain - I love it up there.

Are you slipped? If not, where do you boat? Know where Blarny's Island (?) is?

Ry.

Never did the chain thing. I'm slipped in Montrose on the big water with a '92 Sea Ray 390EC.

Originally posted by rvitek

Stephen - if this isn't the right forum, please move me!

Nope, this probably fits in here ;)

Congrats on the boat Ryan, its a beauty!

Thanks! Now we just have a looooooooooooooooooooong wait until spring :)

Ry.

great looking boat man,

when does the ice thaw up there...around late june?:D

Thanks Ga1!

Ya, late June it is :) Actually, we take delivery on 4/16 and our slip opens on 4/15 - so we just need to wear our coats, and we'll be fine for awhile ;)

Ry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back