• Register Today It's free!

We need a TEAM EFFORT!!

Jonger1150

Reaction score
City, State
Howell, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Well guys...and gals. Ford claims to be "not aware" of the SOHC tensioner/timing chain issue. They just told me that there are no warrenties on this part because no one has told them about it. No customers they mean. I told the lady that its a well known issue and needs to be addressed. I also told her that I have a network of people online that are FULLY aware of it.

So heres where you come in. I am looking for people that have dealt with this problem to call ford at the number below and let them know about what you replaced and how angry it made you. I told them that over 100+ people will be giving them there two cents within the next two days. Lets not let them get away with this!! Call FORD and let them know about the issue.

1-800-392-3673 Ford Customer service.

Lets not let Ford think they are getting away with anything!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is probably happening is she is going off of your VIN. If she asked you for your VIN (which they typically do at Ford Customer Care number) then her computer screen won't say that there are any issues with tensioners. The Owner Notification Program that extended the warranty on the tensioners only covers the SOHC Explorer throught he 2000 model year. Ford supposedly had the problem fixed by the 2001 model (lots of people still have the noise though). If she was basing her information off of your VIN, then as far as the information she has access to she is correct in that there no known issues with tensioners on the 2001 SOHC Explorers. You can try and ask them to look up ONP 00M12 and read it, but I don't know if she can pull up that information or not. Believe me, Ford is very aware of the tensioner issue, just not on the 2001 and laters.

The guy at my dealership said that they have done over dozens of repairs on 2001's with the same issue. In fact I got a call about 4 hours ago and they told me that that they will repair it for only parts cost. I am getting 10 hours of labor for free. I have to pay for a fluid flush of the trans and cooling system though. That was the deal. My total bill will be for $400 and I get those benefits also. Not totally bad in my opinion.

I have to pay for a fluid flush of the trans and cooling system though. That was the deal. My total bill will be for $400 and I get those benefits also. Not totally bad in my opinion.
personally i think that deal sucks dont know about the warrenty situation there .there have been a few posts on it . but it should be bumper to bumper they should be liable for all cost under warrenty

43,000 miles...I dont have a bumper to bumper warrenty left.

Back