• Register Today It's free!

Weird Issue with Power Seats...

razorbaxfan1

Reaction score
City, State
Bentonville, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 5.0L V8 AWD
Hey gang. I have a '97 XLT 5.0L V8. All buttons on the driver's side power seat work just fine. The problem is with the passenger seat - the square button that adjusts whether the seat goes up/down and left/right is only going up/down. Anyone have any idea why? I checked fuses and looked as best as I could to see that all wires were connected. Nothing seems wrong.

I remember reading about the lumbar seats before and people were suggesting a new seat altogether. I lubed the switch and reconnected the hoses snug on the lumbar and it fixed my issue and I've had no problems since. I'm looking for an easy fix like that if it exists. Thanks in advance!

-Ron :exp:

Your seats are supposed to go left and right?? Cool!

I also have a '97 XLT and my seats just go up/down, tip forward and backward, and slide forward and backward.

I'm going to look into that left and right feature. If I go right, I'm sittin' closer to my sweety (even closer if I rip out the center console), left and I can get more air in my face!

Hey...we're just having a little fun here!

LOL...thanks for making me feel dumb. It's the switch that if looking at it, you can move it left or right, which makes the seat go forward/backward. Only the up/down part of the switch works. I'm wondering if it's wiring or if the seat is seized or something on the rails. I've sprayed stuff on it but I can't hear it trying to move or anything. Could it be wiring? I'd hate to buy a new seat if I can fix this.

Back