• Register Today It's free!

weird speaker problems

frat guy

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT, '02 Audi A4
when i had my stock speakers in i would fade to the front and the left and it would sound like that speaker was blown. i would then fade to the back left and right and it would sound like both of those were blown. so basically it sounded like the front right was the only working one. so today i finally bought new speakers, some cheap two way kewoods. it still does the same thing!!! so now i think it is the HU. have you guys ever heard of anything like this? what going on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it could be your factory amp that is messed up, did you wire the headunit directly to each speaker?

yeah, welli wouldnt doubt if your factory amp is screwed......if you have an after market headunit, which it sounds like you do, i'd wire each speaker from the headunit instead of using the factory amp, thats the only way to get better sound....

crap well now i dont know what to do....how much better will wiring each speaker sound?? so i bought the speakers for nothing? i could have used the money to fix the real problem.......

Back