• Register Today It's free!

Were can I get 2" coils?

Klutch

Reaction score
City, State
Shohola Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer
Hey everyone as you can see from the title I'm looking for 2" coils. I'm planning on doing a 2" lift in the spring or summer and I can't seem to find any coils by themselves. The only coils I've found have been Skyjacker and they come with AAL's in a kit. I was planning on putting Shackles in the back cause my brother said its just a better way to go and its easier to install. Can anyone recommend another company, were I can find just coils, or coils and shackles in a kit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rough Country has 1.5" leveling coils, which put some peoples ride at 2" depending on how much sag you already have. There are spacers, f150 seats (i think f150), try eBay also, find some on there, and the sale forum on here. good luck (remember an alignment afterwards)

Thanks, I'll have to look into Rough Country more. I'm trying to stay away from spacers though, I want to just redo my whole suspension and start with new stuff. Also, (but I'm not sure) I think I'll get better flex out of new 2" coils instead the stock ones with spacers. Let me know if I'm wrong about this.

If you want to have a true 2" lift then I'd do AAL AND shackels in the back. AALs are known to not lift as much as they say and shacksls only do 1.5". Then do 2" springs AND coil seats since new springs can sag up to an inch once installed. Though you might grind down the seats a bit if you want to stay around 2"

I like the look my truck had when the back was higher then the front. Looks aggressive.

How soon do the new coils sag? As soon as they are put in or over time like the stock ones do? I' ve also found 2 1/2" coils but I thought I would have to mess with the steering which I really don't feel like doing. Would the 2.5" coils be best if they are going to sag.

Back