Westin Bull Bar and front license plate? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Westin Bull Bar and front license plate?

KC10Chief

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer V8
I want to get a Westin Bull Bar and a couple of 6" KC or Hella lights for my 2002 X. But we have to have dang 'ol front license plates here in Alaska. I found some pictures of Explorers with Westin Bull Bar's and lights, but they don't have front plates. I'd have to move the front plate up to where it would be covering the opening in the bumper. With the lights, almost the entire opening would be blocked off. Anybody else have a bull bar with a front plate? Pics? Oh, where did you get your bar's? Any other that look good besides the Westin?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive seen ppl just zip tie it on the "skid plate" of the bar, i just dont put it on, dont like it. the only ppl that'll ding you for it here are the parking "cops"

heres my westin bull bar.... I also just had to rasie up the licence plate and just screwed it into the bumper.. turned out great

000_0282.jpg

Wow! That looks great! I was worried about air flow with the plate blocking that opening, but I live in Alaska. It doesn't get too hot. I can't decide if I want the black bar or the Chrome one for my Red X. The black looks great on yours though. Where did you get it? JC Whitney wants almost $450.

I got my bullbar from ebay...brand new...I also gort the license plate kit which get mounted to the bullbar and u can put your plate on that...ill post pics of mine later on...just look up westin bullbar license plate kit...
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok kc10 chief, sorry for butting in this thread, I'm on the 2011/12my forum. I have to ask you a crew chief or cmsgt, my handle on many sites: 10boomer, nice to read about a fellow airman of the aircraft. My handle on this site is spengracin. Let me know

When i got my bull bar out on they relocated my plate a little higher and i was all good

20110727191309.jpg

Back