What 20"s look like? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What 20"s look like?

Hey, I just recently bought a 1997 explorer XLT 4x4 and want to throw 20 inch chrome rims on. Now i havent really seen any explorers on 20's so If any one has some pics or links for 20's on a X please help me out. thanks alot!

Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by AnabolicFrolic
Bling :) Heres my X on 20's
wheelangle.jpg

wheelsidefar2.jpg

and the rest HERE

Ride quality is no worse than stock (not bumpy/rough) Plus its got better traction and maybe a little less roll in the corners (less sidewall)

Im also running the GY EagleII's - 275/45r20.
Not too wide.. not too tall.. they (IMHO) and in many others on this forum - look the best - and the best part is that they are cheaper than the toyo and falkens

Your X is nice! I wanna get the fender flares with the matching front and rear bumper for my X. Makes it look even nicer! ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just for price reference, i paid $125 and $130 for my 255/50 and 275/50/17 Nitto's. if you stick with the 275/45/20's you will find them cheap everywere.

heres a link to my X on 20" Mondera Cristals
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/98eddieon20s
I wouldnt go any less than 20", anymore they dont even look that big on something the size of an Explorer, wishin I coulda swung some 22's but my Ranger ate up most of my customizing $$$$$......

BTW as far as tire cost goes, my 275/45/20 Goodyears cost less than my 215/40/ZR18 Dunlops for my Ranger, and they'll last longer for sure-theyre really good tires for the money........

EBXon20s

nice X
and i like the ranger even tho im not to fond of the hydraulics and i dont like wire wheels to m uch but other than that its really nice....

also u might want to shorten ur signature the max is 6 lines and if u dont shorten it a mod. will......

peace

Gotta get me some 20" s

I'm really trying to save up for a set of 20's could you guys give me some tips on the best place to shop for them for my X

How much you looking to spend? check out rimshop.com or ebay. Cheapest places i've found

Back