What about KC lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What about KC lights

All I hear you guys talking about is hella and PIAA, but what about KC's lights primarily the daylighter. I have a set on my roof and they are damn bright. Alot brighter than the piaa's that I have seen. Maybe the PIAA pencils are brighter but KC's seem to me like they have the best value.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that's mr. daylighter's division :). i have nothing againg KC, I think once someone finds a brand they like they usually stick with it. Many people are devoted to KC and that's there choice. Other's are devoted to PIAA's (myself incldued), and others are really fond of Hellas, and everyone has there own reasons for what they like, whether it be the durability, the amount of light, the brand name, or the price. Each brand seems to be making their own lights better and better so everything I used to attack Hellas for is becoming no longer true, same with KC. By the way, I've outshined every pair of KC's I've ever put em up against, not just with the quantity of lights but even light for light :). Other sights, all they talk about is KC's and the PIAA's are the minority

Well, I have got to be one of the biggest KC fans out there. I love them, and think that the 165 Watt Daylighter is the best off-road light on the market. If something else was brighter, say the PIAA Pro 80 XT, which my best friend has on his truck, but I'll get to that in a sec. Anyways, if I thought that that, or anything else was brighter, then I would have 10 of those on my truck:) I don't want to cause a problem here, just my thought. Like I said about my buds truck, he has 4 150 watt Daylighters on his grill guard, and 2 PIAA Pro 80 XT, which is the brightest light they make, aside from HID. When he turns them on you can definitely tell a difference, those Daylighters shine far dude, bottom line. I have yet to find a truck that can pull up beside me and out shine me.

And just to make things better, I'm placing an order later for some of the new 130 watt Slim Lights that I will aim backwards, and some fog lights for the front. That will make the total light count at 20, until I add one more 165 watt to the front, which would ne 21. I know addin the one to the front may not make an incredible difference, but one of my freinds put 5 on the front, and he's not gonna out do me;)

It's all a personal preference. I spoke with my contact at KC and he said he was very pleased that I was givin them so much attention and helping out. He said that http://www.kchilites.com has gotten a bunch of hits lately from my truck being on there, and with me putting there url's all over F150world.com, and for all the postings, I guess that is what he meant? Anyhow, he thanked me and told me that they were thinking about sending me some thank you gifts, to show their appreciation. Geez, I hope it's some HID's:) Probably not, but a man can dream, those babys retail for $1600. The last thing he said was that "we are not overlooking you, we are noticing what you are doin for us". So maybe I might get something really good out of this, I just hope. Sorry to ramble to you guys, but what can I say, I'm excited.

[Edited by Mr. Daylighter on 12-04-2000 at 09:01 AM]

J_Moran82,

Got any pics of your Explorer? Wanted to see how your lights are mounted. Thanks.

Pics

Yep I got pics just give me your email address and i will send them to you.

Back