What are *Quality* suspension and steering parts... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What are *Quality* suspension and steering parts...

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
Ok, as some of you know, my little truck was wrecked a couple of weeks ago...so I am in need of parts.

We live in an area that is really lacking in wrecking yards, and parts dealers...I probably will have to buy parts via the internet...having said that, here are my quesitons:

I have found several different brands listed on many of the sites I am looking at...I _Know_ Moog is, or at least used to be a quality line of parts, but...there are several other Brands I am coming across that I have never even heard of. Now I admit I have been away from the parts industry for a lot of years, so that is why I am asking.

What name brands other than Moog are decent quality?

Also, what websites/companies are decent to order from? Below are the sites I have found, and I have used a couple, but I seriously need to find the cheapest/best deal on quality replacements for the steering problems.

Rock Auto Parts
Parts America
#1 Motor Mart
Car Parts Wholesale
Car Parts Warehouse
Napa
Autozone

If anyone has any other internet accessible sites that are good companies, please let me know, I hate to be such a pest, but I have to have my truck, safe and drivable and soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rockauto.com has moog parts for far cheaper than anyplace else ive been avle to find.

I will 2nd the RockAuto recommendation.. :thumbsup:

Oh...one more question...

What the hell is Red Label-Service Grade?

I found a line of Spicer that is saying it is Red Label-Service Grade...sounds like garbage?

Thanks folks!

Oh...one more question...

What the hell is Red Label-Service Grade?

I found a line of Spicer that is saying it is Red Label-Service Grade...sounds like garbage?

Thanks folks!

The service grade is basically a knock off of the OE part. It will work just fine, but they typically are not servicable (no grease zert) and are used by shops to get the biggest proffit/cost margine. They are the same quality as what you'd get if you went to a Ford dealer and got a stock replacement part.

*zerk*

WooHoo! Another Western Washingtonian! *Waving South*

Thanks for the input folks...I do think I want the greasable though, seems better idea than not greasable...at least to this old lady!

Jegs

Don't forget Jegs.com

How about you pay for shipping, and i'll send you a whole stock steering setup off a 93 explorer 4wd?

How about you pay for shipping, and i'll send you a whole stock steering setup off a 93 explorer 4wd?

Wow wonderful! So...Ok, well how much would shipping be to 98230...so I can sell my bits n pieces and scrounge the pennies? And I want to give you something for it...not sure how much extra I can manage...but honestly, I would want to pay you for the parts as well....

Send me a PM with your contact info, and i'll call you to set this up!

hey rhainy, can i call or is it too late?

I have put Gabriel front shocks..they are Canadian made and you can go take a look on their website you gonna see a different technology it really changed evwerything on my 92 X ... http://www.gabriel.com

Back