• Register Today It's free!

What Body lift should i get?

pjenkster

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XL
I was going ask someone right now i only have enough money for a body lift and after that lift im going to put 33inch tires on it and then do a suspension lift. What body lift should i get?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well it really depends some guys on here have fit 33's under a 3 inch body lift. Personally I got 32's under there and when i fully turn to either side it is about a half an inch from rubbing on my wheel well. I got my 3 inch body life from rough country, just the regualar old perforance body lift.

Some of the others might be able to tell you more. Just thought I would put some input in there for you.

Whatever BL you get, just make sure that it comes with the brackets to lift the bumpers also.
Before brackets...........
IMG_0559.jpg

After brackets.......
DSC00038.jpg

The brackets IMO make or break the BL........(sorry, don't have a straight on rear for the after)................BLOOD:salute:

You may also want to research your gearing as well. Those 33's could be dogs with the wrong gears in there. Not saying it wont work, just saying it will make a difference.

3" body lift wasnt enough for my 33`s...had ta do fender triming, built my own 4 inch body lift this time...my 94 has decent fenders but the 93 was purdy rusty..no trimming this time.

I've got a used body lift for sale. It has all the parts its still in the origional box. I bought it from a guy that only had it on his explorer for about 6 months. I never put it on mine.

Ryan

I've got a used body lift for sale. It has all the parts its still in the origional box. I bought it from a guy that only had it on his explorer for about 6 months. I never put it on mine.

Ryan

how much for the body lift??

Back