What bulb does the front parking lamps use? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What bulb does the front parking lamps use?

The bulbs I pulled out say 906 on them and seem like the top and bottoms are more amber than the middle. The 906s I see doing a google search are all clear. Autozone can't even order the bulb their computer says I need. I ordered some off of rock auto, and they were clear and significantly smaller as you can see in this picture:

The stock bulb is on the right...

I went to another place and they gave me a 90-something that was the same size but had a much darker amber that didnt match the rest of the truck. Can someone save me from this headache?? It can't be this difficult lol

It is a 906 bulb, though many bulbs use the same base. I replaced mine with 94? mabe 96? I don't remember, the one's that go behind the gauges, had 2 extra white ones I put up front.

The Ex front takes a 3157 NA bulb (left below) for the front parking and turn signal housings, and a 916 NA (right below) for the marker light... I chased a few sets around until I got a complete set that matched ambers since the shading can change year to year if you only replace one. I just replaced all of the bulbs, it looked much nicer with all of them the darker amber as well...

<EDIT> Just checked Sylvania's site, and the numbers above are correct...

IMG_2394.jpg

Back