What do the origional plug wires look like? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do the origional plug wires look like?

Keith303

Reaction score
City, State
edmonton,alberta,canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
91XLT
I just change my spark plug wires to some bosch premuims and was wondering if the ones I removed were the origionals.

It is a 91 and the wires are grey with a slight greenish color to it, and the boots that go over the plugs are orange. Thay also say ford on them.

ifso thats 99k miles on them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is what my originals looked like... I just replaced them the other day.

I changed mine a couple of months ago and they were like that too, mine were definitely factory originals as were the plugs ... Mine only had 57K on them so I didn't notice any real difference, it was done as a precautionary measure

If you do notice a difference you waited too long to change them ...

u only have 57 000km on it?>

Yup it has 57,600 miles on it as of yesterday ... I even have the service records from the previous owner, an older woman who bought it new and lived in a rural town in Illinois ...

As far as I can tell the only things replaced on it before I got it in late April were the brake pads, exhaust, tires, and the rear U-joints, all of which look like new (actually they are all 2-3 years old but it had sat for over 2 years)

I wasn't really looking for a 4WD, just another reasonably priced Ranger to pull my little fishing boat but after 3 months of searching (A decent Ranger for 3 grand or less is as rare as hen's teeth here with the gas prices) I found this marked down from 4 grand to 3 grand and just couldn't turn it down ....

I just pulled these from the ole boy today...

HPIM0540.jpg
]

Back