What happened to my steering wheel? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What happened to my steering wheel?

alexk

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited
My explorer has no leather wrapped steering wheel and I thought that was something that came standard on an xlt. I googled it and cars.com confirmed it was standard on an xlt in 2002 and every other 2002 I have looked at has it, so would that mean anything to anyone? The only thing Im thinking is it was involved in an accident. Anyone have any other ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It might have had the silver things that look like crap after a while and the PO changed it :dunno:

My parents had an 02 XLT V8 that had a regular hard plastic wheel. Purchased new by them.

Werent the silver things on the mountaineers?

Maybe Cars.com was wrong with the standard features list. It doesnt really bother me, I actually prefer it without the leather. I was just concerned about it being in an accident, I wouldnt have bought it if it had been in an accident.

My BIL had a ST and it had those, not sure, maybe dealer option?

1998 - What's Under the Leather on the Steering Wheel

Hi,

I've searched for about 30 minutes and can not find an answer:

What is the 1998 steering wheel like once the leather wrap is off?

Is the rest of the wheel (without the leather) the same black rubberized plastic as the spoke parts that are not covered in leather?

Many thanks,

wandowoods

My 2002 XLT does not have a leather steering wheel.

My 2002 Eddie Bauer has a leather steering wheel . I think only Eddie Bauer's & Limited model's only has it .

Back