What has happened to all the CO area people? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What has happened to all the CO area people?

I'm from around greeley and looking for more x's to wheel with. Anyone up for moody hill or kelly flats? Check out www.northerncolorado4x4.com and see where we have been!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

me and my buddys are always down for some trail runs. let me know when you're thinking about going

I work in greeley, and live in johnstown, and always down for a good trail run...since I found a 93' on the linked site I am taking it that, that is you with the D44 & D60 setup?

With all the great trails around this state, I have to kick myself for not getting out more. I think I'm going to plan a trip for sometime this summer to my old home-town, Glenwood Springs. It's been years since the last time I was up Transfer-Trail, take that on up to the Flattops for some R&R. That is assuming I have any PTO/vacation time left after having to take most of it to stay home and take care of my wife after her (OMG!) 20th knee surgery next week. If I don't do Transfer-Trail, they I'll definately plan a day-trip up past Basalt, up the north fork of the Frying Pan river to Burnt Mtn. and over the top of the mountain and down the other side to Wood's Lake. I haven't been there in over 25 years. Last trip I made there was to visit John Denver at his cabins that he was rebuilding/restoring. (Yes, I really was friends with him, he was a REALLY nice guy and very down-to-earth) My father owned and operated a good-old-fashioned sawmill where we did our logging with draft-horses, built our own logging roads with a D3 CAT and carried the logs down the logging roads to the mill on the frame of an old military 6X6 (purchased from the Aspen Ski Corp.) and sold the lumber, fence posts, fence rails and so on to all the locals of the area. I had a really cool childhood! :cool:

im from colorado

Well, I'm also in Colorado, SE Denver area, and like everyone else it would seem, life hit hard and low over the past few years so off-roading just hasn't happened. I would be game to do some runs over the summer, but the Beast needs lots of love, and new tires/wheels... so we'd probably come in the wife's ride... a 2006 Heep Rubicon with the 6-speed manual that's still stock. :mad:

One day it'll get a Rubicon Express long arm lift, full armor, and a winch, but my truck comes first. :salute:

So if you guys won't open fire on me if I show up driving such blasphemy, I'd love to come.

Oh, and 410, if you need an extra pair of hands with the bronco, let me know and I'd be glad to help. My dad had one of the old bronco's (I think a 1968) that still holds a special place in my heart, so it would be good to work on one again after all these years.

I'd probably only be able to help out during the summer however, as college is really kicking my ass. I'm doing Aerospace Systems and Engineering Technologies, and I'm not great at math. :(

So are we going to do a CO run this year???

Naasau, Why go with the rubicon express when you can get the TnT Customs lift and armor, It is made over in cheyenne. I know the owner and most of the people who work there.

Tim

I would love to do a run so far for 2010 all ive done is Lefthand and Switz.

Aviator, honestly I've never looked at TnT customs. I've bookmarked their site and hopefully I'll run across some examples of their work before the time comes to make a decision about the Rubi, which is still a good 2+ years off.

So are we going to actually plan out a summer expedition this year? Its felt awfully quiet on this thread for the past week or so.

yeah i think this group is way overdue for a trip. how about we bounce some ideas around. there's a lot up by fort collins. www.traildamage.com. I have a bone to pick with moody hill (part of the reason for the SAS), so I'd be down for that trail :D

Sounds good!

Looks like Aviator started a thread for this discussion, so lets wander that way. :thumbsup:

Nice got any new pictures of it. I just got my self a 93 xlt Eddie Bauer. In rough shape but really looking forward to getting her Built to fit 35s underneath her.

Nice got any new pictures of it. I just got my self a 93 xlt Eddie Bauer. In rough shape but really looking forward to getting her Built to fit 35s underneath her.
If I can figure out how to post pics again...I will.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey there Setinu! I am in Co (currently the Springs but generally in Georgetown or Idaho Springs) as well as my Exs' co-parent 96EXXLTinCo. We spent a ton of time wheeling and are Always excited to meet other Exs out there!

Back