What has happened to all the CO area people? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What has happened to all the CO area people?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah i think this group is way overdue for a trip. how about we bounce some ideas around. there's a lot up by fort collins. www.traildamage.com. I have a bone to pick with moody hill (part of the reason for the SAS), so I'd be down for that trail :D

So, i'm just throwing this out there as a note.. we all know that TD has kinda been the wheeler's 'go to' for trail guides etc... here in Co. Didn't know if you guys had heard of the new outfit TrailsOffroad.com? They're really great! When you go pull a trail you get all of the same info (that's accurate and current) that you would from TD like directions GPS, nearby trails, descriptions, ratings, etc...but the bonus is that the trail info is almost always (98% of the time) current and updated within the last 4-6 months max. The biggest issue that ppl have been having of couse is going to TD and thinking "hmm I'll go run Eagle Rock, it's only a 3" (having been updated 8 years ago lol) and getting out there and tearing up their rigs, etc...

So go check em out next time you're planning a run, you may find yourself converted!

I'm in the Springs! Been trying to meet up with 96EXXLTinCo for some time now as well as with some others. Just haven't been able to get schedules to line up. Some day though!

Wait...hang on - your Ex is green isn't? (Can't see the itty bitty pics on phone lol) Sport? 1st gen? He's mentioned you several times and that you guys had been trying to hook up! Small world. So, you've got the (beefier) Twinkie to Two Point Ohh! :) That's awesome! What part of the springs are you in? We're over in Cimarron Hills area - Constitution and Powers. Heck even if we can't get on trail due to schedules, etc... I'd love to just get eyes on 'what the future holds' lol! Are you on FB?

Wait...hang on - your Ex is green isn't? (Can't see the itty bitty pics on phone lol) Sport? 1st gen? He's mentioned you several times and that you guys had been trying to hook up! Small world. So, you've got the (beefier) Twinkie to Two Point Ohh! :) That's awesome! What part of the springs are you in? We're over in Cimarron Hills area - Constitution and Powers. Heck even if we can't get on trail due to schedules, etc... I'd love to just get eyes on 'what the future holds' lol! Are you on FB?

Yep that's me! Chad likes to say it's one of the nicest first gens out there! ha! I'm currently on the south/south-east side of Black Forest. Didn't realize how close you guys actually were. Buddy of mine lives over in that area. But yah a meet up or wheeling would be great! I have been recovering from a major knee surgery for the last 2 months, but I'm hoping I should be driving within the next week or two. So something soon hopefully!

And yes I'm on FB! Part of the Off Road Explorers group as well!

Well I will be up for a run this summer. Still have to get tow points and a CB in my Ex.

If I am able to get mine up by the summer (which I should) I am also game for going on a trail with ya all. Not sure I'll be able to do more the China wall but I would like meeting up with a few explorer guys here in the springs.

Trailsoffroad seems not as organized as Trail damage. you have to go through all the trail listings till you find the one you want.

Tim

Trailsoffroad seems not as organized as Trail damage. you have to go through all the trail listings till you find the one you want.

Tim

I have not gone up and looked on Trailsoffroad to look yet but I did notice that with TrailDamage that the info has not been updated in a long time. I like how they have the info on Traildamage but it is out dated.

Back