What is included in the trailer tow package? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is included in the trailer tow package?

paullfisher

Reaction score
City, State
Genoa City, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
I have a 2000 XLT with AWD and the 5.0L with the trailer towing package. What is included in that? I know I have the 3.73 LSD, what else is there? Higher output battery? Alternator? Coolers? Brakes?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a special wiring harness for a standard 4 prong plug, a tranny cooler.... and a provision in the bumper for a tow ball, unless it came equiped with a hitch already on it....

I believe it also has a heavy duty flasher for the signals.

Actually, I think the wiring is there for a 7 pole round plug, you just have to get that harness:)

I have the trailer package on mine and yes the wiring is for a round 7 prong but it also came with the adapter cable for a four prong standard connection. It was stowed in the compartment with the jack and rear squirter bottle.

Aux transmission cooler, 3.73LS, and round wiring harness underneath the rear of the truck that the supplied adapter plugs into. Heavy duty turn signals may be part of it too. That's what came with my '94, they may have changed it though.

Dave

Back