What kind of wax would you suggest I use? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What kind of wax would you suggest I use?

I'm going to be waxing my car here soon and truth is... I've never used wax on any vehicle I've ever owned. Figured I'd get the Explorer lookin all iced up and nice since I'm going to install the system here soon :D I wanted to know a few opinions on what kind of wax I should get? I want something I can just get from Autozone, or Napa or something. Want my midnight blue 96 to look like the ocean at night time... :eek:

And what is best for interior, and wheel shine?

Thanks in advance -

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mista808 said:
Expensive - but I'm sure it would last a LONG TIME and it's worth it to get that new car look again.

Ever bought anything that was great that wasn't expensive?

Try it you will like it ....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

aldive said:
Ever bought anything that was great that wasn't expensive?

Try it you will like it ....

lol, are you telling me to try getting something that's great and not expensive or are you telling me to go with that Zaino kit that I will like it? :thumbsup:

I Zaino my Explorer twice a year. Spring and fall.
They have this spray Z-8 that is amazing. A mist and wipe sort of thing. You use that perodicly after washing. That is what I used in that photo. The Zaino treatment otherwise in the photo is about five months old. I am sold on the stuff. Yeah it is costly, no arguement. But for me and as bad as I am with this Explorer, I call it money well spent.

MONMIX said:
I am a huge fan of Zaino products.
Look here.
door.jpg

It is my drivers door.
The paint is five years old in the photo.

Look at that glare :D :eek:

Back