What size wheel do you run with your 12.50" wide tires? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What size wheel do you run with your 12.50" wide tires?

• 7" rim

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 8" rim

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MO_GUY

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Farber, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explo Sport 4.0 SOHC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damnit moguy... havent you figured it out already? the most common is an 8" rim.... you can run anywhere from a 7" wide rim all the way up to a 14" wide rim! most people will run 8" or 10" rims with a 12.5" wide tire...

yea ive figured it out, but i just wanna make sure that im not the only moron running that wide of a tire on that size of a rim, i dont want to do it and have my friggen tires explode on me going down the highway or something

THEY ARENT GOING TO EXPLODE UNLESS YOU ARE RUNNING THEM AT SOME UNGODLY PRESSURE EITHER +/- WHAT THEY SHOULD BE AT...... OR UNLESS THERE IS SOME DAMAGE DONE TO THE TIRE FROM WHEELING/ROAD HAZARDS

do you absolutely have to type in caps? its very annoying

Yikes, no need to get all worked up there Jim....

BTW, I'm runnin a 15x8...maybe a mod could change the options and add 15x10 cause I know that's a popular one too.

I DO WHEN YOU HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION FOR THE PAST WEEK OR SO, AND YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER, BUT YOU STILL WONT LISTEN! I THINK WE ARE ABOUT TO HAVE ANOTHER ALDIVE, ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAVORITE MEMBERS!

I've been running 33"x12.5"x15" tires on my Stock 15"x7" Rims.
I don't have any problems.

If I ever have a stock one damaged I'll order some new rims (Xtreme Alloy 1879 Bead Lock Style).

Until then I can't complain. I air down to 13-15 psi to play in the sand.

and with the CAP THING its difficult to read & seems as if your YELLING.
I just choose to skip the reply and read the next. I may miss some good information but that is my choice.

Back