What to do... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What to do...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by 93 x_SPORT
lol, dude I'm sorry. Anyway, I checked out napplesbill's system, it doesn't look like that box takes up too much of the cargo area. I think it also said he hit like 140 some odd db. hmmmmm....something to think about.

I personally think 150db is very possible with the right amp/box and tuning. I am happy with the 141.4 though.

Originally posted by NaplesBill

I personally think 150db is very possible with the right amp/box and tuning. I am happy with the 141.4 though.

150dB is very possible. but it wont sound as good as your setup. opening up the port/vent for a higher tuning frequency will give you a lot more SPL, but you lose a lot of sound quality. it depends on which is more important to you (loudest or best sounding). personally i would be much happier with 141dB that sounds great than 150 that sounds bad.

Originally posted by leenjen

150dB is very possible. but it wont sound as good as your setup. opening up the port/vent for a higher tuning frequency will give you a lot more SPL, but you lose a lot of sound quality. it depends on which is more important to you (loudest or best sounding). personally i would be much happier with 141dB that sounds great than 150 that sounds bad.

I agree 100%!

Uh oh...I did it. I ordered a JL 12W7 and the 500/1 amp. I think the audiobahn would have been cool too, but 2000 watts is a lot of power. Thanks for all the suggestions leenjen!

I have another question though...Should I get a 4 ga. wiring kit or will the 8 ga. that I have installed now be sufficient(sp.)? I might get the 4 ga. any way because my current power wire isn't really long enough and I can't move my box around at all(amp is mounted to the speaker box). Still not sure how/where I'm going to mount the amp yet...maybe I'll just mount it to the box again. We'll see when all the stuff gets here.

Awwwww YEEEE-AH...my box came today. I ordered it from www.thezeb.com on Monday morning and it got here today *Wednesday*. This thing is pretty sweet. Check it out!! It uses nuts and bolts instead of screws. It also has 1" thick board.

Hopefully the amp and sub will come Thursday or Friday so I can have it for when I go to the lake on Saturday! I think I'm going to the electronics store tomorrow to pic up 16' of 4 ga. red wire and 5' of 4 ga. black wire.

I can't wait to hear this! *read GITTY*:D

I finally got everything installed last Friday. All I can say is...WOW! That thing is louder than when I had 2 15's. It's a hella lot crisper. You can hear EVERY bass note and it's really clear. I LOVE IT!

Oh and the 500/1 gets plenty of power to it too!

Glad your happy with it! Do you feel it was worth the money now?

I'm REALLY happy with it! It was kinda expensive, but it was close to the same price of what I payed for my 15's and amp. It is atleast twice as loud and takes up less than half the space. I think it was worth it.

You know, I haven't even touched any of the nobs on the amp. They are all turned down all the way! It is still louder than hell! Do you have the remote gain? I have been using the "gain" in my deck, but it's kinda a PITA to go through the menu to get to it everytime I want to turn the output up or down.

I'm using the gain from my deck as well. My Eclipse deck is easy to operate though. It's only a couple button taps away!

I wish I could just use the gain from my Kicker amp. On my Kenwood deck, I have to press one button once, then press another button like 4 or 5 times. If the remote gain is less than $100 I'm going to get one.

I believe the bass knob is around $60.

Back