Whats my next MOD | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whats my next MOD

Shave handles and rear wiper, better paintjob, NOS, a new engine(and replace all the other fun stuff including headers and true dual exhaust), supercharger, TVs(lots of them), xbox, ps2(slim), custom interior(like tweed or something), viper car alarm(and remote start), move your battery to your cargo area(just for fun unless you swap engines), and save some money for new tires, and when you break stuff.

Have Fun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is a nice truck, man. How do you like the EE lowering system? Whats your opinion on the ride?

The EE kit is great. Just make sure you get the entire kit. ex. bump stops, shocks, ES bushings..etc... Just do it right and you should be fine. It took me 7 hours to intall the kit because i was alone with limited tools. Tip: the Rear stock bump stops is a pain to remove. i had to go to pepboys and have them torch them off and cut the screw. it was rusted so bad. But everything else was a breeze. Ohh the bolt that holds the spacers on the leaf spring was rusted also. I had to get a hack saw and cut it out. Then i had to replace the bolt. Thats what took up most of my time. But other than that, everything was cool.
Overall i think the EE kit is well engineered. I had no problems so far. No sqeaks, rattles, or rolls....

Well I have pieced together the whole kit except the blocks which I hope I'm getting from Brian on here, bumpstops, and camber adjusters. I am looking forward to the install. Is the ride ok or do you bottom out a lot?

ton_e_montana said:
Is the ride ok or do you bottom out a lot?

When I dropped my '99 using the EE kit, I found the ride quality abysmal after a while. Bottoming out was a frequent event. I finally had to remove the kit.

Good luck ....

aldive said:
When I dropped my '99 using the EE kit, I found the ride quality abysmal after a while. Bottoming out was a frequent event. I finally had to remove the kit.

Good luck ....

Yes, I have seen several posts by you and your thoughts on the EE kit. I was hoping to get a different opinion from someone with a similar application, ie. a sport. The kit has gotten great reviews from what I've read. It's hard to believe that when installed correctly and under the correct specs, that this kit makes you're vehicle ride "abysmal" and so horrid that it must be removed. I may be wrong as I haven't installed mine yet. I think a lot of people may go lower than EE recommends and it causes things to be out of spec. It is only recommended for 1 3/8" drop. Many people wanna go 2-3" drop. I am not going for a really low look only performance and to take a little of the gap out when I mount 20's.

Remember ride quality is very sunjective; whats bad to me might be great to you.

Good luck with your projec .......

aldive said:
Remember ride quality is very sunjective; whats bad to me might be great to you.

Yeah, thats true. How low was your drop?

P.S. Sorry riverst, I will stop hijacking your thread now.

Thanks thats a good read. I guess I just need to do it and decide for myself. After reading everyones comments, its all personal tastes. Seems like you were all about it at first. My main concern is a rough road leading to my house that I have to take everyday.

Back