• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Spacers

JJEx04

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The generic eBay wheel spacers seem to work for most. I've been using mine (1.5") for half a year now and they're holding up very nicely. As long as the seller has a good reputation and they're hub-centeric, then you should be good to go.

The wider the spacers get, the more stress they put on your wheel hub's studs. I start to cringe as numbers get higher than 2" (perhaps just because of the horror stories I've read). I think that 1.5"-2" is the sweet spot, with 1.5" being my preference for safety and looks.

how do you guys NOT need to replace your hub bearings every 2 weeks
with a 1.5in wheel spacer!!!!!!!!?????...

I feel anything over .5in is just asking for hub preblems..

:salute:

Believe it or not they're doing real well. I've been checking them every few months and so far no issues.

Aight sweet, yeah i think im just going to get the hubcentric Precision European brand from Ebay

with a 1.5in wheel spacer!!!!!!!!?????...

I feel anything over .5in is just asking for hub preblems..

:salute:

There is no difference between using quality wheel spacers and buying new wheels with a different offset/backspacing. You don't hear horror stories of people grenading hubs when they buy aftermarket wheels that give them a wider stance by having less backspacing. I used 1" spacers offroading on hard trails and they didn't accelerate hub wear at all.

Yea I'm in the same situation here. I am looking at these http://performance-suspension-eibach.shptron.com/p/pro-spacer-kit-122 (they are way cheaper from Amazon) but my problem is I don't want to have to cut my factory lugs and I don't know if with these 40mm (1.75") I will have to. So my question is what is the smallest width I could go without having to trim my factory lugs?

Yea I'm in the same situation here. I am looking at these http://performance-suspension-eibach.shptron.com/p/pro-spacer-kit-122 (they are way cheaper from Amazon) but my problem is I don't want to have to cut my factory lugs and I don't know if with these 40mm (1.75") I will have to. So my question is what is the smallest width I could go without having to trim my factory lugs?

I would say just measure the depth of the lugs and compare. I think others will know what the actual dimension is. It's escaped me right now.

Back