Wheels for '07 Sport Trac XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheels for '07 Sport Trac XLT

K

kfran

Whats up everyone. I just joined this forum today. I have a 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4x4. I am in the process of customizing it to make it look even better. I already have Stainless Dual 40 series Flowmaster Exhaust system with 12 inch by 3 inch round pipes, bent 90 degrees on both sides in the rear coming out from both sides behind rear tires. Looks and sounds great for a V6 4.0. Anyway, I am looking to add 17 inch Goodyear Fortera Triple Tread tires 245/65/17, which I just purchased and am now looking to add Xtreme Alloy Wheel - 8089 Series from Pro Comp. They are 17 x 8 inch Lug Pattern: 5x114.3mm / 5x4.5", Back Spacing: 4 1/2" Offset: 0. Now I am not sure if the wheel will fit correctly with the tires that I just purchased and on the truck itself. Any help in answering this question for me would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question

I am looking to add 17 inch Goodyear Fortera Triple Tread tires 245/65/17, which I just purchased and am now looking to add Xtreme Alloy Wheel - 8089 Series from Pro Comp. They are 17 x 8 inch. Lug Pattern: 5x114.3mm / 5x4.5", Back Spacing: 4 1/2" Offset: 0. Now I am not sure if the wheel will fit correctly with the tires that I just purchased and on the truck itself. Any help in answering this question for me would be appreciated.

Measure Twice...

My 2007 4WD Sport Trac Limited came with 18" wheels. I don't know if 17" wheels are possible, due to brake clearance issues. But I do know that other Ford vehicles can't take smaller rims. For example, my 2000 GT w/ all-speed traction control has larger brakes, so it can't take 16" rims. Likewise the '99/'01 Cobra (they didn't make a regular Cobra for '00) requires 18" rims to clear its even larger brakes.

It's not that hard to check your clearances, to see if a 17" rim will fit. But, as the saying goes, "if you gotta ask..." you're better off going to your local tire dealer and having an experienced mechanic take the measurements. If they say "no way" you'll just have to find a buyer for those tires.

Mine came with factory 245/65/17 tires. I do not have the Limited edition model. Anyway, thanks for the response!

Well you know for sure that a 17" rim will fit... ;)

Back