When should I get an order number? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When should I get an order number?

ATLcanuck - Yeah, been there done that. I also have been lurking on all of those sites you mentioned. My wife is convinced I'm obsessed but I just tell her she doesn't appreciate her vehicles like I do. $500 below invoice before incentives is actually the best deal I've heard of (apart from the A/X/Z plans of course).

I'm actually in a situation where I ordered the brochure from the Ford website to hopefully get the extra $750 off. Took 3 weeks to get to me and all it offered were the same crappy APR rates they already have for everybody. So being the smart guy I am, I sent one to my parents home and to my wife's condo. My parents, having bought Ford in the past, got theirs in 5 days WITH the $750. Still nothing in the mail at my wife's condo. Here's the tricky part. Ford only puts the $750 in the name of the person who got the brochure (my mother in this case) and is non-transferable outside the household. So to save me an extra $750 I'm effectively having my mom buy the vehicle I ordered and titling it in both our names. A week after every thing is done, she will drop her name off the title ;)

I should point out that the $500 early pre-order incentive is in my name and I may not be able to dance through the hoops to ALSO use this, might be one or the other. My sales guy is talking to their marketing rep to see what he can do. I'm not holding my breath.

Back