• Register Today It's free!

Where do I start?

SteelCity

Reaction score
City, State
Holloman AFB, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Explorer Sport
I have been stationed @ holloman in NM for about a year now and there isnt a thing to do. I bought a 2000 explorer sport when i got here and have basically been neglecting it. I figured for something to do though I would star modifying it. I want to get a lift but I also want to maximize power. Im kind of new to this so any information on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i dont know anything, but welcome

Welcome to the site. This place is great. You can find anything you need. If the information you seek isn't here, it doesn't exist.
The most important piece of advice that anyone can give you is learn to use the search tool.
I'm still pretty new here also, so I don't know much yet. But IMO, getting bigger tires is the first thing to do. After that, start working on suspension.

Take a look at the "list of usefull threads" thread. Lots of good stuff in there.

If I were you I would start with a cat back exhaust and a open filter intake. They are relatively cheap and are a good place to start. You should decide what type of off roading you will be doing before you decide on lift and tires. There are some budget lifts available for you. Big lifts big $$$.

also keep in mind the larger you go the mor stress factors you will have. but search alot and get it right the first time. you dont want to have to go back and redo what you didnt look at before. 35in tires and up its a good idea to get so gears and sway bars. good luck

Back