Where is my pcm power diode? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PattyJoe

Reaction score
City, State
Linden, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLS
My 2002 ford explorer 4.0L keeps blowing fuse 41 under the hood. I want to check the pcm power diode. Can someone please tell me what it is and where it is located? I suspect the reason for my problem to be a short in 02 sensor circuit. So if I go to my pcm power diode and trace the red/yellow wire back I believe I should find the cause of my short. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I googled PCM power module and came up with several sites that might help you. Just a suggestion, since I know nothing about it.

I’m not looking for the pcm module, i’m looking for the diode. I did google it and there were no clear answers.

on the 04 it is in the fuse box under the hood, spot 60, check you owners guide their is a diagram

There are only two diodes in the fuse box.

#1 cause of a blowing #41 fuse is a shorted out O2 sensor either internally or the wiring has melted. Remember there are multiple O2 sensors. You'll need to get under the vehicle and check the wiring of each.

20kynvr.jpg

Hi...during the time spent investigating my electrical framework (another story), I ran over this force diode in the motor compartment intertwine box. It seems, by all accounts, to be in the circuit that actuates the PCM power transfer (in a similar wire box). I've generally tried diodes by checking the congruity twice, switching the leads each time. On the off chance that it works one way however not the other, diode's acceptable. My diode, in any case, shows over-burden the two different ways (that would be endlessness on a simple meter).

Yet, my meter just matches 1,000 ohms, so anything over that would presumably likewise appear as "OL". How might I tell if this diode is any acceptable?

pcb quote

I would check to see if the O2 sensor wire is rubbing the front drive shaft. They are kind of notorious for coming out of the clip and shorting out the PCM fuse.

Good luck!
Jake

Back