Where is the power window relay on a 2002 Ranger? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where is the power window relay on a 2002 Ranger?

randysampson

Reaction score
i have a 2002 ranger 4x4. i cannot find the power window relay. does anybody know where it is located

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have a 2002 ranger 4x4. i cannot find the power window relay. does anybody know where it is located
Look up under the dash to the right of the steering column. There is a box about 2x2x8 inches with a snap off black plastic cover. Inside you will find several relays - one is the PW Safety Relay and another is the PW Autodown Relay.

Power Window Relay location

Look up under the dash to the right of the steering column. There is a box about 2x2x8 inches with a snap off black plastic cover. Inside you will find several relays - one is the PW Safety Relay and another is the PW Autodown Relay.

Although I have a '96 Explorer, I believe the application is the same. I cannot for the life of me find the block where the relay(s) is/are located. Do I have to remove a panel somewhere? There is absloutely no room under the dash around the steering column/gas pedal area. There is a plastic panel that drops down from the top part of the instrument cluster. Behing that is a steel plate that could be removed but everywhere I've read in this formu concerning replacing the relay, it's an easy task. By the way, in a previous posting back in 2008 the Advance Auto part #R3177 listed at $7.19 has now skyrocketed to $12 and change.... Could it be supply & demand?

Any info I would really appreciate. Want to get this project car on the road!

What relay under the dash on a 2002 ford ranger is for the power windows

Back