• Register Today It's free!

Where to get 6 CD Changer fixed?

Pachuco76

Reaction score
City, State
Matthews,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Eddie Bauer
Hello, anybody knows if it's posible to get the 6 Cd changer with the stuck tray fixed? Got the message cd error and it seems to be full. Just got the truck about 2 weeks ago from a friend from work, and when he got it (about 3 years ago) the thing wasn't working either. Only the radio works....I live in Matthews, NC. Anywhere close by?????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Press and hold the Eject button and it should override it and spit them all out. That worked for me....

Thanks for your response, Brian. But I've tried that and unfortunatelly didn't work.... Any other Ideas????

Oddly enough, after I posted I went outside and tried it to make sure that was what worked the first time....and my cd changer jammed. So now I'm in the same boat you're in. So..........yeah.

just take it out and open it. and take a look. I could fix it on mine by take the disk out manualy but be careful not to brake anything.

My wife had hers jam, she said she took a credit card & pushed it in the door part-way & the cd's came out.

Ours started getting stuck 3 months after we bought it.....really started going down hill about six mnths ago. The only thing which worked to get the CDs out was disconnecting the battery. It sort of resets I guess.

perhaps i'm too young, but i'd just break it. it's not worth the cd's in it. actually, i'd prolly just toss the entire thing. for the price of 6cd's you can get an ipod and its so much less hassle. it doesn't skip and you can take it running.

scrap it. imho (in my humble opinion)

p.s. i have 4 changers that my mom keeps keeping. it's like old phones to her. 10min and that music is on my computer.

Back