6 CD changer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6 CD changer

Ok let me know about it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a factory 6 CD changer and it randomly skips or if i hit a slight bump it'll skip. is that normal or it is going bad?

ya'll think i should get a new one w/ skip proof stuff or just live w/ the skipping?

if so what brands have the best 6 CD changer that'll fit the stock HU?
Avoid the junkyard units because they are old as yours like 21 years. Look into getting only the cd player replaced. Just avoid oemautosound in Florida.

This thread is 19 years old.

I don't think anyone would be replacing a CD changer anymore when you can get a modern head unit with a USB port, and have thousands of songs on a flash drive, bluetooth, DVD player, etc. Flash drives don't skip.

I recently replaced the stereo in my RV and it had a working Pioneer CD changer, which went to a recycle center, because I wanted a head unit with a USB port.

This thread is 19 years old.

I don't think anyone would be replacing a CD changer anymore when you can get a modern head unit with a USB port, and have thousands of songs on a flash drive, bluetooth, DVD player, etc. Flash drives don't skip.

I recently replaced the stereo in my RV and it had a working Pioneer CD changer, which went to a recycle center, because I wanted a head unit with a USB port.
And our Exes are even older! :)BTW, anyone wants the 6 cd changer,that goes in the console, can have mine for shipping. I'm going to plug my Android into the stock cassette radio and play music through Pandora....(Very few radio stations around here to suit me)

I think the poster that renewed this old thread was just posting in any thread related to audio to trash some business in Florida. He posted in several other old threads.

Back