where to get my chip reburned? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where to get my chip reburned?

That's weird they said that. I called and asked in advance could I send a check, but didn't even think to ask do they still work with them. The woman I talked to looked my info up and said that it was on the way back to Apten. I guess next time don't ask, just force them into it. They won't pass the money up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how much did you pay for the reburn?

For anyone who is curious. Do not worry about buying a Diablo chip. I just got off the phone with one of the ladies at Diablo Sport in miami and they got my chip around 11 am this morning and have been working with it for the last few hours and will try to get it back out tonight or tomorrow at the latest. She said that she was personally doing the flashing on the chip. They have EXCELLENT customer service over there. I have talked to a few different people and they all have been very helpfull. It is well worth the $75 for a reburn. As soon as my chip comes back to me I will put it in and let everyone know the results. For anyone looking to get ahold of them their number is (305) 218-1486.

So bottom line Diablo direct is $75 and Apten is still working with us for $50?

can I get a reply?

FYI just because the chip is made by diablo does not mean the programming is diablo. all of the old apten diablo chips where programed with a early version of what the sct dealers use now. none of aptens chips actually have diablo programs on them. the power the aptens chips made was in the programming brian did not in the chip design. the only way diablo reburning the chip would give you the same hp after the reburn is if they sucked the apten file off the chip and used the same file with minor changes and sent it back. i would prefer to send it back to apten and let them deal with it.

Back