Where to get painted exterior door handle?wedgewood blue 2001 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to get painted exterior door handle?wedgewood blue 2001

bzajdek

Reaction score
City, State
rhode island
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 sport trac
I have looked on ebay and other sites for a replacement door handle that is painted to match my 2001 blue sport trac. They all are black except for a green painted one on fordparts.com. I know you can have them painted but I am looking for an easier route. It doesn't have to be new.

Try it yourself. It just did it. Scuff it, mask the part you dont want paint on, adhesion promoter,base,clear,wet sand, rubbing compound(I used a powerball on a drill), done. Not that hard, and you'll find you want to paint more stuff. And it's gotta be cheaper than a shop.

Reminds me I need to buy some zinc yellow for my truck to paint my one black door handle.

It's not the painting that's hard, it's the riveting. You need a special rivet gun that fits the larger rivets that come with it. Make sure to place cardboard under whatever "new" handle you put in there as it's a pain not to chip the paint with the gun.

Back