• Register Today It's free!

Where to Prop

mbruffey

Reaction score
City, State
MN, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0 AWD Eddie Bauer
OK. This seems like a really stupid question, but does anyone have pics of the best placment for jack stands, front and rear for the AWD models? I've read you can do some serious damage if you pick the wrong place to park your jack or jack stand. Help?

BTW: I use a Sears 3 ton rolling floor jack and 6 ton jack stands.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155297

In that thread are these pictures:

Rear:

2051754_50_full.jpg

Front:

2051754_51_full.jpg

I personally go on the lower control arm. Just stay away from the torsion bars and oil pan.

-Drew

oh - I just saw that you were talking about jack stands and not jacking up a explorer. Yeah, it still stands though - just keep it under the lower control arms and rear axle. One and each side. You should be fine

-Drew

And never rely on your OEM jack to do any work under your truck, they are tonka toys

i cant believe im asking this but i use my 20 ton bottle neck jack to do work on my truck...brake work, not under the truck. I take it this is ok as the jack is rated to jack a house up. should i not do this?

[QUOTE='97 V8]i cant believe im asking this but i use my 20 ton bottle neck jack to do work on my truck...brake work, not under the truck. I take it this is ok as the jack is rated to jack a house up. should i not do this?[/QUOTE]

for safety, use jackstands in conjunction with the jack

[QUOTE='97 V8]i cant believe im asking this but i use my 20 ton bottle neck jack to do work on my truck...brake work, not under the truck. I take it this is ok as the jack is rated to jack a house up. should i not do this?[/QUOTE]
Yours is an accident waiting to happen,you need a large footprint, you need good jackstands, these are rated at 6 tons each

Attachments

• Mvc-032s.jpg
    Mvc-032s.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 137

Back