where to put a deer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where to put a deer?

v897xlt

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT AWD v8 5.o
ha so heres a question for ya, where to put a deer? i was thinking of putting them on the roof rack, for i have stood on it, but then i thought well how do i get it up there, and i also realized the roof has alot of flex. then i thought maybe making a lil cargo rack for a hitch like some companies make for like 100$ i could make it for about $27 with a welder and angle iron. then i would get a hitch , as of right now i dont have one. i would just get a cheap step hitch from curt . i really dont want to put a deer behind the second set of seats. the reason is is because i have subs back there, and i wouldnt want to get blood all over everything. so what do yall think i should do, got any other ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get a hitch, and build the basket if you can. It'd be the cheapest, cleanest, and easiest. :)

Hitch and basket....

Check the wrecking yard for a hitch. Explorers were available with them as a dealer option. I know a few yards that sell them for around $25-$50....it sure beats the $100-150 price plus shipping!

Ryan

thanks yall!!! ya i was looking at a 50$ bumper hitch, i wouldnt need a full sized hitch. and wouldnt want the expense of a new one, ill check the scrap yards when i get a chance. and i found a basket for $50 from the sports mans guide. it has 6 inch rails around it. i got the price for just the angle iron not the screen. if i make it ill get a thread up her for everyone. anyone use those step hitch/ bumper hitches from curt?

spdrcer nice X looked like a escalade at first:p:

Harbor Freight has the hitch/basket thing for pretty cheap all the time. I still toss mine in the back though - but I have lined the whole interior & have drainage holes specifically for this reason since my EX is mostly my hunting truck anyway. Already put 4 in it this year!

Back