where to run the trailer wires out of the truck?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where to run the trailer wires out of the truck??

ohfugit

Reaction score
City, State
chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer
I've got a 93 sport. it has one of those inline deals for trailer wiring that goes right in front of the left tail light

Ihave to do some kind of long distance towing..

Where do you run the wires out of the truck ... do you leave the back window open ?

Thanks
"D"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the wires are in the back just close the tailgate on the wire.
On most they connect under the taillight, outside under the bumper, but if yours is inside just lay the wire on the floor and shut the gate.

My inline hook up is in the same place.... just above where the jack storage is. I just unscrewed the molding around the the rear door, then down the corner, and through the molding corner of the bumper as well. I can send a post a picture if you want to see what I mean.

If you have lots of wire,,,run to the center of the cargo area, underneath the carpet....there is a rubber Grommet there to get outside acsess.

BlueDogBandit said:
My inline hook up is in the same place.... just above where the jack storage is. I just unscrewed the molding around the the rear door, then down the corner, and through the molding corner of the bumper as well. I can send a post a picture if you want to see what I mean.

This sounds like mine.
Yes a pic would be nice.... I don't think I have enough wire to go out the center then to the back of the trailer.

Thanks
'D"

Back