• Register Today It's free!

Which amp should I buy?

98rojo

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport XLS
I've got 2 JL audio TR570 CXi for the rear and 2 polk audio 5"x7" db571 for the front. My HU is a VR3 Roadmaster vrvd640g dvd, gps, all in one. I am clueless when it comes to audio anything and I'd really appreciate any input on what type of amp, how many channels etc.

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i run a kicker amp and its beast but amps are basically up to preference and cost some cheap ones are very good some expensive ones are very bad thats y i stick to kicker but they r expensive

thanks for the advice. all I'm looking for is crisp and clear sound in a cheap way.

well sony is generally cheaper and ive heard them push 15's clear as day i run 2 12" sonys and they are great so u might wanna go sony

4 channel btw

Cool I'll look into it. Does it matter how many channels or watts the amp has? Or do I have to get an amp that my speakers can handle? Thanks again for your advice...I really appreciate you taking your time. One last question if I may...would you suggest a subwoofer or two? Often times I see a Subwoofer/amp combo for sale on craigslist for pretty cheap. I just thought that with all the different size/powered amps with prices ranging from 40 bucks used to 800+ new, I would have to be pretty careful in choosing the right amp for what I have.

i wouldnt amp those speakers. and i ESPECIALLY wouldnt amp those speakers with a sony amp. they're only rated at 50 ish watts. you *could* if you really wanted to, depending on how much power the radio puts out alone, but you'd most likely have to be very very conservative which imo it's not worth it. if you wanna get better sound, get some componenets. they range from 100-200 watts, so much more power than those.

well actually the boss components i have are rated at 400 watts and were like $50 for the pair at www.onlinecarstereo.com

Well first off I would never mix brands like that. Also makes it harder to pick an amp, so I suggest before you start looking at amps pick some speakers to go with.

You can also find great help at www.carstereoforum.net really smart people there and a lot of owners with great prices. Not to take away anything from here but they are just pure car audio.

Hope any of this can be of some help

Back