• Register Today It's free!

which maf adapters will work?

97WillowXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Roanoke Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97
4.0 ohv...when i say maf adapter.....im speaking of the metal piece used to put a "k&n cone type filter" on.

which ford maf adapters will work? is it a 4.0 ohv specific, or was the maf for this motor used on several vehicles?

you might have seen a thread a few days ago where i just put one on. it was on a 5.0L but it was advertised as 4 or 5. from what ive read all the adapters are more or less universal fit, so it will require a little bit of drilling to make the bolts line up right. and then you will need something to keep it in place. all i had was a dremel tool missing the right bits to do the job, but i used a small drill bit and worked on it for about 20 minutes and it fits perfectly. youll need to carve the holes inward, thats toward the center as in your gonna have to be opening up sideways and verticly. as far as something to hold it down i just used a few zip ties to the bolts and it works for now untill i can get something solid. its a little bit of work but if you have the right tools and patience its more than worth it. oh and also they dont come with the bolts, so youll have to buy them, 1/4 inch seems to be the right fit and make sure to get a washer as your widening the holes it might slip through.

Back