• Register Today It's free!

Which O2 sensor to buy?

NotAFixer

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer Sport
I was getting two OBD codes recently, 0174 and 1151. I replaced the spark plugs and wires, cleaned the MAF sensor and plugged a small hole on the EGR pipe with JB Weld and the 0174 code went away. I still have the 1151 code.

I want to replace the O2 sensor (Bank 2, Sensor 1) that seems to be acting up, but my feeble brain can't figure out which sensor to buy. I know it's an upstream sensor, but when browsing for best prices I see different part numbers, some saying they fit my vehicle, some saying they don't.

Anybody know what would fit a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport, V6 4.0 OHV? And should I replace both upstream O2 sensors while it's in the shop?

Thanks,
Dan

I'd replace all the o2 sensors. They're cheap enough, and they're only supposed to last 100k, and the longer you leave them in there the greater the odds they'll be rusted/welded in when you desperately need to get them out.

I'd replace all the o2 sensors. They're cheap enough, and they're only supposed to last 100k, and the longer you leave them in there the greater the odds they'll be rusted/welded in when you desperately need to get them out.

Thanks for the advice. I agree, but money is very tight and I'm not doing the work myself. I'll start with having the two upstream sensors replaced and do the two downstream ones as soon as possible.

I ended up buying these on Amazon:

Upstream left

Upstream right

Dan

Back