which tires would you run? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

which tires would you run?

what tires would you run?

• BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO (On-/Off-Road All-Terrain)

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac (On-/Off-Road Commercial Traction

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • micky thompson mtz radial

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

GUNITALLREDY

Reaction score
City, State
BRONX NEW YORK
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB
which tires would you run for a dd that sees really deep snow ocational mudd and light off roading?

ill either be running a 32" or a 33"

BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO (On-/Off-Road All-Terrain)

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac (On-/Off-Road Commercial Traction)

mickey thompson baja mtz radial

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends on the size.

BFG A/T for stock/smaller sizes, probably the Goodyear for larger sizes, since it looks like a M/T but has decent snow/wet traction.

i know its not on your list but i got general grabber 31x10.5 on my truck and there also a good tire to look in to i know they make 33 i had them in about 8 or so inches of snow in 2wd and been throgh some mud with them and do pretty good

i know its not on your list but i got general grabber 31x10.5 on my truck and there also a good tire to look in to i know they make 33 i had them in about 8 or so inches of snow in 2wd and been throgh some mud with them and do pretty good

i looked up some reveiws on that tire but im running firestone destinations on the back of my truck now there rateds better than the grabber and since my transfer case decided it wasnt going to work the morning of a 1 foot snow storm they performed really good in 2wd but im looking for somthing a lil more agresive

which grabber there are a few was it the at2?

I've had great luck with 33 x 10.50 BFG's, both MT's and AT's. I have the AT's now and love them, they work great in all conditions.

out of those 3 I would go with BFG AT's had good luck with them in the past and do well on ice/snow

i have bfg's on my truck now and looking at getting the duratracs. saw them on a BNSF truck where i work.

I've used the bfg at's and the walmart version of the Goodyear duratracs. Both work well in the conditions you stated. The bf's are quieter, the good years are a lil' more aggressive.

I use to have 33x12.50/15 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO on my truck until I got my F150 for a daily driver and decided to upgraded to 35's. But before I sold them I loved having them on my truck. I got amazing traction in the winter and all around good performance the rest of the year. Plus for the size I had on my truck they were pretty quiet.

BFG At's are a good tire but if your into deep mud or really slick clay type mud they are no good. They wear like iron and are good in snow.

I never used the other tires but am interested in them.

I also like the design of Cooper Discoverer STT's, Goodyear Wrangler MTR with kevlar, and Pro Comp Xtreme MT.
I am looking for a agressive tire but also acts like a all-terrain with some grip on the sidewalls.

Depends on how much you want to spend and the type of driving you do.

Back