• Register Today It's free!

Which underdrive pulley???

XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Wausau, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport SOHC 4X4
I have been reading up on underdrive pullies and i am thinking up doing this mod to my 98 with a sohc. In posts i see people recommend getting in general underdrive pullies. But what are people referring to specifically? To get just the underdrive crank pully or do i want to get all of them (underdrive crank pulley, underdrive water pump pulley, and overdrive alternator pulley). Also, I have read aldives threads on the pullies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The more you underdrive the better the results.

In the real world its not practicle to underdrive the alternator. Further, when underdriving the crank, many find it necessary to overdrive the alternator.

I have undrive on the crank, water pump andoverdrive on the alternator.

Underdriving is the best bang for the buck mod one can do.

Thank aldive i was guessing that was the answer but i wanted to make sure first before spending the cash.

where do you get a underdrive pulley for your crank and pump at and possibly a overdrive for the alternator sounds perfect for my high output alternator i am about to order for my sound system

i have a 2000 with the ohv 4.0 what pullies do you buy because they say they don't make them for my motor

but what motor do you buy them for 4.0 5.0 ect...

everyone says they don't make underdrive pulleys for my truck. So what kind of car do i get the puleys from

You must use the correct UDP for your motor since the crank pulley and vibration damper are made together.

You can get UDP for the OHV motor ( same as the SOHC motor ).

I have no idea where you are getting the info, but tghey are mistaken.

then how do i know which ones would be right

fine last question were car i buy them then

read aldives threads on his under drive and over drive pullies (look under his quest for 30 or his truck). That will explain all. Its a good read by the way.

Back