Which year factory repair manual set? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which year factory repair manual set?

jasonb135

Reaction score
City, State
North Bend, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
I'm in the market for a 1st gen, don't really care what year. But I want to buy a set of manuals to get some knowledge. What year set would you buy? Is there much of a difference between 91 and 94? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like a repair manual or the owners manual?

The Ford shop repair manuals, Engine and Chassis set, looks like there are also electrical/vacuum troubleshooting volumes also.

Probably going to order a set tonight on ebay, just wanted to know if one year of manuals holds more value than another.

Oh the ford manuals. All I have is the little Haynes repair manual. All the first gen years should be basically the same but I remember reading that mid 93 had some emissions stuff added to it maybe maybe not.

I'd get the year that matches your truck. I bought all three, but the EVTM manual, the wiring diagram book, was by very far, the most useful.

You could easily get by with a Haynes manual and the EVTM book. In retrospect, I might have done that myself... I found the other two thicker factory manuals difficult to navigate... almost too much information not that well organized.

Does anyone have a link to these?

Back