White faced cluster, 4WD, with gear indicator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

White faced cluster, 4WD, with gear indicator

celly

disturber of the peace
Reaction score
City, State
calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eb 5.0 awd
People always seem to be looking for these. Here's one on eBay

Says something about a cracked lens, but easy to salvage the one off your existing cluster. Not many of these on eBay come with the white faced gear indicator either. If you don't want to install the cluster itself, you can always cannibalize the indicator, red needles and white overlays onto your exisiting cluster. That's what I did. Bids are still much lower than a lot of those aftermarket white faced overlays which don't look as good as OEM, IMHO. It's definitely the 4WD rendition. The rightmost overlay has all the 4WD indicators on it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also an HVAC setup. It's not white faced though. They're silver on that series of Ex. I have one on mine and it looks great with the silver radio bezel.

TTT, in case anyone missed these yesterday.

A bump for those who weren't around this weekend, a pretty good example of white faced cluster, 4WD version, with gear indicators and still pretty cheap. Closes tomorrow. I'm actually going to make a move at it if it stays cheap and no one else wants it. I could use the rightmost overlay (mine has a few nicks in it). The HVAC unit went for $11. A steal.

Hey thanks. You know it's funny. Before my '00 I have a '03 Sport for a short time. I wasn't crazy about the white guage face at first but got used to it quickly and didn't notice it. But I loved the way it looked at night. I'm still not crazy about the white face guages. I don't like any of the aftermarket ones a whole lot. But just realized that after a little bit I didn't even notice them on the sport. Since I love the way they look at night I might have to take a crack that these.

briwayjones said:
Hey thanks. You know it's funny. Before my '00 I have a '03 Sport for a short time. I wasn't crazy about the white guage face at first but got used to it quickly and didn't notice it. But I loved the way it looked at night. I'm still not crazy about the white face guages. I don't like any of the aftermarket ones a whole lot. But just realized that after a little bit I didn't even notice them on the sport. Since I love the way they look at night I might have to take a crack that these.

I agree. I like the way they look at night. The font/colour is different than the black faced counterparts. I find the black ones look a bit dated. I don't mind the white-faced ones at all. I got used to them on my SVT Contour and prefer the white-faced gauges to black. IMHO, OEM looks much better than any of the aftermarket gauges out there.

Good luck with the auction. I'm being more facetious about bidding because I don't really need another cluster kicking around, but if the price is still low at auction's end, why not? ;)

I think I'm gonna jump on it, but whats the price to get the mileage set to my current mileage?

00XLS said:
I think I'm gonna jump on it, but whats the price to get the mileage set to my current mileage?

I don't have a clue. BBQ Hotdog got his done for free. Draft said he couldn't get his done at all. I've heard some people say you can only get them rolled forward. Some say speedo shops will do them. Others say the dealership.

Your best bet is to call a dealer and a local speedo shop and see what version of the story they give you. ;)

Good luck trying to get a dealership to change it, i'm going through the same thing right now trying to find someone to change the reading, the guy goes no way pal, I even told him so when I replace this cluster its going to say that I have 37,000 on my x when in reality it has 185,000 and you still won't change it so my mileage stays honest - nope :confused:

Another 4WD cluster, with gear indicator on eBay.

Figures, the new one has 36K on it, where was that one a year ago !!!

Have you seen any clusters from the new Ranger's on their lately? I saw it at the Auto show today and thought it would be awsome to have. Although you do loose the oil pressure(whats its purpose anyways?) and the voltometer(scan gauge).

I don't really keep an eye out to Ranger parts. Sorry.

Back