White or black explorer sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

White or black explorer sport

Again...gotta vote for black

?1349468222.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I originally wanted the silver, but after seeing both in person, I ended up buying the white one. I love contrast, so to me it really was the best color to highlight the blackout components of the sport. As you stated it is a personal choice, so get what you like best, but keep in mind the white will cost you an additional $495

My honest opinion is they all look awesome! Red, white, black, silver - they could make one in hot pink and it would probably still look sweet! Or maybe not so much...... Anyway, I went with black only because I like the black on black look. Probably would have got the tri coat white if the dealership hadn't sold it. Happy I went with black nonetheless.

13WhiteSport, I went with the inexpensive 5K HID's from DDM Tuning only because so many here recommended them. They were very cheap but found out after the fact that they ship from China. Ordered them 2 weeks ago and yet to receive them. Probably see them mid July!!

I also did a complete LED interior conversion (map, 2nd row, 3rd row cargo, glove box), LED markers, LED switchback paking/turn lights, LED license plate lights, and LED puddle lamps. Must say she looks very sweet and I'm very surprised that Ford did not do this from the factory considering how inexpensive LED's are these days. a complete LED cnversion is HIGHLY recommended and VERY inexpensive.

Also, installed a color matched sharkfin antenna from Visual Garage which is also an inexpensive improvement.

If I had to guess, it seems like Black is the most popular color. If I bought our Sport for me I would have went with black, but the Sport is my wife's vehicle so we went with Red. I like the look of the black from the front, but I think the red looks better from the rear sine the tail lights and the Ruby Red are the same shade and it flows really well.

Just wish the didn't have chrome door handles, chrome Sport emblem,chrome Eco boost emblem and blue ford emblems.

I think I am going to Plasti-coat the the chrome stuff and I ordered some black Ford emblems for the Front, Back and steering wheel. I just need to find some that will go over the blue emblems in the rims.

Interesting. I'm going to hold off until MY 14. I really will be p'd off if I pull the trigger now and in 6 mos I find out that the new one has a heated steering wheel etc. I will just have to make do with my Ltd. LOL.

13WhiteSport, I went with the inexpensive 5K HID's from DDM Tuning only because so many here recommended them. They were very cheap but found out after the fact that they ship from China. Ordered them 2 weeks ago and yet to receive them. Probably see them mid July!!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you order them from? Thanks!

www.ddmtuning.com - they seem to have a good reputation in this forum and the 35W 5K slim ballast HID kit was what I wanted. I didn't know they were shipping from China or I probably would have purchased elsewhere but not like I really need them, just really want them.....

It is interesting how people recommend waiting until subsequent production years as more content will become standard. I remember when it was a matter of de-contenting, so you were better off with a vehicle earlier in it's lifecycle.

Ordered the Sport last Wed here in Spartanburg, SC for the Wife. She loves the tri-white and we got most of the available options. We just ordered (2) Innovative Heat II seat heater kits for the rear bench seat ($180 @ heatedseatkit.com)and plan on taking it to the local car stereo shop to add a Blu-Ray DVD and (2) 1080P LED headrest screens for the kids. Looks like maybe 10 weeks for delivery?
Anyone know when and for how long will Explorer manufacturing be shut down? .
It was easy to manually raise and lower the third row seat.
Anyone know what aftermarket HID lights work the best?
Looking forward to finally owning a 7 passenger SHO!

Ordered the Sport last Wed here in Spartanburg, SC for the Wife. She loves the tri-white and we got most of the available options. We just ordered (2) Innovative Heat II seat heater kits for the rear bench seat ($180 @ heatedseatkit.com)and plan on taking it to the local car stereo shop to add a Blu-Ray DVD and (2) 1080P LED headrest screens for the kids. Looks like maybe 10 weeks for delivery?
Anyone know when and for how long will Explorer manufacturing be shut down? .
It was easy to manually raise and lower the third row seat.
Anyone know what aftermarket HID lights work the best?
Looking forward to finally owning a 7 passenger SHO!
I believe the plant shuts down for a 2 week period. Someone did post the dates a while ago. As for the HID question, check out the Modified Forum. There are several posts regarding HID's.

Peter

I have a White Limited and LOVE it. The black looks good but I would choose white!

Back