Who has the most miles on 2nd gen X | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who has the most miles on 2nd gen X

My 2000 Sport just turned over 70K. The biggest trouble has been a 2-3 shift flare that started at about 45K, fixed at 60K, with about 10K on the fix. Apparently the 4/5R55E transmission is a good one, because no one mentions having trouble with it in this thread.......?

The 4.0 OHV has been virtually trouble-free, with only an IAC replacement. Still running the original plugs and wires.

ROE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

checkedout said:
up to 273K on the ol 96.

I think you win! I'm at 110,000 on my '97.

just rolled 180,400 on my '95. 80,000 of that is from me in 4 years.

I've replaced virtually the whole cooling system since the previous owner never replaced the coolant for 6 years. other than that it's been pretty painless, a few sensors and the heater core twice (not fun!) I'm still working on the original transmission, engine accessories.

142,000 on 97 sohc. Wife wants to replace with Volvo wagon.

I know it's not 2nd Generation, but my 91' currently has 189,000 on the original engine.......yes it is due for a rebuild!

132k on my 98, got it at 99.8k it died and stuff, but after a tune up it ran good, and has ever since.

181,170 miles on my 1995xlt. no rebuilds, original tranny, only routine maintenance. except for my temp. guage in my dash that went kaput, so i went to a buddy who had just replaced his guage cluster (same year) and i took his temp sensor motor.

68K on my '02 XLT

1998 xlt

I have 216,000 on my 98' sohc. No major repairs, but the timing chain is starting to rattle. I guess its finally time to get them repaired.

briwayjones said:
What kind of trouble have you had?

Only 82,000 on my 2000. I had a '96 with 116,000.

Let's see.... Had the transmission rebuilt, replaced the flywheel and replaced a cracked head. Those were the major troubles. The "normal" stuff i replaced would be the IAC, TPS, radiator, front hubs, transfercase shift motor, inside rear door handle. That's all I can remember right now.

Over 275K now

jayhawkexplorer said:
I think you win! I'm at 110,000 on my '97.

Do I win a new 2006 Explorer!!??

138K on my 97

hi all i'm new to this site. i just bought a 98 sport with just over 129k seems to run fine. i was just wondering about these cassettes that are in this post. what are they and what do they do? also should i be looking to have these replaced, and what does something like that cost? please help a newbie explorer owner, thanks.

152k on my 96 xlt and runs real strong. all orginal and i'm the 2nd owner :)

00 sport

00 sport: 63k

buddy has 96 xlt w/ 452k

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

96'XLT 180k all original runs like new 302 V8

Back