Who's Here From Florida? | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's Here From Florida?

I'm also in Jax and would be down
Anyone still around? Want to go wheeling with other Explorers… Jeep owners are wearing me thin…

citrus?
Ocala?
I’m near Tampa.
I'm in Jax, I'd be interested in planning a day in the future to go wheeling! Looked into the same thing, waiting to fix my differential up first though. Looked at a few offroad parks recently, if we can try getting some people together

I am also in Jax and would be interested.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm also in Jax and would be down

I am also in Jax and would be interested.
Maybe plan something in November or around? Still waiting to get some work done on the truck, wait for extra funds to open up next payday

Maybe plan something in November or around? Still waiting to get some work done on the truck, wait for extra funds to open up next payday

i have a small camping/wheeling trip planned the first weekend of October.

starting that Friday in north Tampa to meet up with some friends. Getting some breakfast then heading to citrus for some wheeling then head to Ocala to find a camping spot. Then Saturday morning do some wheeling through Ocala and find a different spot that night. Head out on Sunday morning.

But I’m down for whenever.

Anybody still up for planning an offroad trip? Well, more of a trailing trip, for a few of the places I'm not sure anyone will even need 4WD. In the next couple of months I'm working on planning some camping trips in both Osceola and Ocala National Forests, maybe even Apalachicola; can come down for a day to trail, camp out, up to y'all. Being national parks parks, most of the campsites are free, or you can do like I tend to, and find your own spot. I went to Osceola a few times and went to this lake that had a land bridge halfway through it, just camped on that so it was out of the way with a nice view, nobody around that way either. I've ordered some new tires and wheels, so in the next couple of weeks hopefully she'll be on f150 leafs, a higher tt, and 32" A/T tires; I'll work out the details of where and when once that's all together. If anyone's interested I'll update this when I have more set in stone

Anybody still up for planning an offroad trip? Well, more of a trailing trip, for a few of the places I'm not sure anyone will even need 4WD. In the next couple of months I'm working on planning some camping trips in both Osceola and Ocala National Forests, maybe even Apalachicola; can come down for a day to trail, camp out, up to y'all. Being national parks parks, most of the campsites are free, or you can do like I tend to, and find your own spot. I went to Osceola a few times and went to this lake that had a land bridge halfway through it, just camped on that so it was out of the way with a nice view, nobody around that way either. I've ordered some new tires and wheels, so in the next couple of weeks hopefully she'll be on f150 leafs, a higher tt, and 32" A/T tires; I'll work out the details of where and when once that's all together. If anyone's interested I'll update this when I have more set in stone
I am down in Cape Coral and I was very active on here several years ago with the Tampa/St. Pete/North Central FL guys. Life pretty much happened and I lost tuch over the years but I do miss how much fun it was going out on convoy trips and offroad events. Would be nice to regroup at some point! -JT

I am down in Cape Coral and I was very active on here several years ago with the Tampa/St. Pete/North Central FL guys. Life pretty much happened and I lost tuch over the years but I do miss how much fun it was going out on convoy trips and offroad events. Would be nice to regroup at some point! -JT
Theres the Hardrock Offroad Park in Marion County, FL. Seems to have trails for everyones needs, things that a stock truck can go through and trails that a rock crawler can do. Seems like it could make a fun trip, could do more than one day since it's right by Ocala, camp out there and trail some more.

Edit: Some pictures of the place:

20130608_134701.jpg eyJidWNrZXQiOiJhc3NldHMuYWxsdHJhaWxzLmNvbSIsImtleSI6InVwbG9hZHMvcGhvdG8vaW1hZ2UvMTk5NzczMDUvNj...jpg eyJidWNrZXQiOiJhc3NldHMuYWxsdHJhaWxzLmNvbSIsImtleSI6InVwbG9hZHMvcGhvdG8vaW1hZ2UvNDQ3Mjg0MTUvYm...jpg rs=w_1300,h_800.jpeg.jpg DSCN0092.jpg eyJidWNrZXQiOiJhc3NldHMuYWxsdHJhaWxzLmNvbSIsImtleSI6InVwbG9hZHMvcGhvdG8vaW1hZ2UvNDM4NTI4MTQvOW...jpg thumbnail_img_7974_83848bd9738c4d687027bf4d60edb8d9a391aa1a.jpg

Anybody feel like trying that place out? Sometime in late April or early May? Should make for a fun trip whether you stay a few days or just the day. Anybody is welcome to tag along, and as said, it's all free. See if we can get some more people interested in this

See if I can revive this, even though I'm explorer-less till further notice. I'd still gladly get out in the woods with my new truck if anyone else still wants to do some trailing.

See if we can get a few others back in here

Back