Why are there Different Intake Manifold Gaskets? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why are there Different Intake Manifold Gaskets?

NICE59FORDF100

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OBD-1 Kenobi
Ok, I'll keep this brief. Please, someone, explain why there are two different types of lower intake manifold gaskets for the 4.0 OHV? I am almost done building my motor, and I noticed that the set of gaskets that came with my master kit is the two seperate kind. I know the factory gasket is the 'valley pan' una-piece. Can I still use the two piece set, and if so, how do I seal the middle that isn't sealed? Thanks!
ms98005t_top.jpg

ms94682.jpg

and just a little teaser of where I am at :)

10625_583787064321_44013058_34025310_4114549_n.jpg

i dont like the 2 piece ones,who makes the kit?you can use them just use the tube of black rtv that came with it and seal all 4 corners and where the intake sits.what do you got done to the motor?also do you happen to still have the oe head gaskets that came off the motor?i need to measure a set of oe gasket and can find them anywhere without ordering them.and by the way nice looking motor!!:thumbsup:

i have to get the brand name when i get home but i think it is fel pro. And no i do not have the old one, i threw it out with the junk ranger that this new motor came out of. And im just building the motor to stock specs, nothing fancy. Cant afford it lol. Thanks for the motor comment!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back