why won't the theft light turn off? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

why won't the theft light turn off?

MDawg

Reaction score
Hi..i have a 93 XLT that just had a 90k service done and now the theft light for the alarm is always on for some reason..it's just a solid red light that doesn't go off even when the engine is off..we don't even use the factory alarm anymore so why is it doing this? does anybody know how to make it turn off? thanks for the help

If your not using the factory alarm anymore you can always just take the lightbulb out for it behind the gauge face.

you know that's not a bad idea..how exactly do u get to the light bulb though?

it's actually very simple. first, on the dash itself you take off the plastic border that goes around the gauges I'm pretty sure it shoul just pop off but I'd check for some screws first , then you remove the clear plastic cover for the gauges (there's probably some screws for this also) then you remove the plastic gauge face panel (more screws) then the bulbs are right there look on the face to figure out which bulb it is. It should only take about ten minutes. All you'll need is a phillips screw driver and maybe a pair of needle-nose pliers.

Back