Will someone PLEASE answer this question..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will someone PLEASE answer this question.....

Derekjeterkid2

Reaction score
City, State
Near New London CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
ok I have a 94 explorer XLT ive been trying to fix my 4x4 shift motor, right now it is off the transfer case and im driving around, IS THIS BAD FOR THE CAR OR TRANSFER CASE?? everything runs fine still im just wondering if water can get in there....i went to the ford dealership in town and they didnt really wanna tell me much... any answers would be apreciated thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well since no one else has answered, i'll give you a little advice. I have never removed the motor so i dont know whats behind there, but if you see gears and stuff in that hole, i would say its a bad idea. dirt + smooth greased surfaces = BAD!

sean

there is a little plug that comes out that the motor spins..... should be ok....

here is the pic of the tcase with motor removed

Attachments

• tcase1.jpg
    tcase1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 185

closeup

Attachments

• tcase3.jpg
    tcase3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 180

it will be fine as it is.

Drive it to your hearts content.

I took mine off today, Im trying to figure out why I have no 4low. Mine only has H, N, and L markings though.

Normal, High, and Low maybe?

Hey jeterkid, just cut a hole in the floor and put a pair of visegrips on that rod sticking out...........instant manual t-case.

Back