• Register Today It's free!

Will these rims fit?

shane-xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Leamington, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ford Sport Trac XLT
hey all just wondering if a set of 265/45R20's would fit on my 05 stock height ST XLT?

The rims are:

Size:20" x 8.5"
Bolt Pattern:114.3
Offset:35

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Link?

If the backspacing is right, yes they will

her is a link to the rims and to the tires.

rims

tires

I called 1010 tires and they said 5.6" BS. If thats the case then 1.25" or 1.5" wheel spacers would put them right around where they need to be (3.75-4.25"). Hope it helps. And by the way those are some sweet looking wheels. Im not usually a big fan of big flashy wheels but those look sweet.

yea i thought the same thing! i mean im really **** when it comes to rims, but i think those would look pretty sweet i just wish they had a option to see them on my truck but they dont. if anyone can photoshop them onto a dark blue st i would be very greatfull.

But with a 1.5" spacer and the tire being 265 would that make the wheel stick out far and make them look odd?

No. It takes care off the high backspacing. If you didn't have the wheel spacers the inside of the tire would basically be rubbing on the frame. The backspacing is the distance from the inside edge of the rim to the inside side of the hub. It would take ~2" wheel spacers for the tired to stick out with that much backspace.

Basically a 1.5" wheel spacer will create a backspacing of 4.1" on those wheels. For every amount you add on in wheel spacers, subtract that from the BS of the rims.

Play around with this wheel/tire calculator and it'll make a lot more sense. You can enter in the stock dimensions of the trac and then the new dimensions of the new wheels and tires.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Tried to sketch what I meant using the keyboard but the view after typing is different than the typing screen

Back