Window Defrost Elements Peeling | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Defrost Elements Peeling

Update. Dealer is ordering parts but advised it was not warrantable and referenced GSB - 20-7005. Not happy

View attachment 327994
Don't take no for an answer and show them this thread or go to another dealer. Also you should call Ford and complain.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The glass should be replaced, especially under the Ford New Car 3/36 Warranty.

Attached GSB G0000179, page 6 outlines that the above issues ARE Warranty items:
It seems that page 6 shows that this may not be a warranty item as it is not a 'broken' grid but a separated one.;
Removed grid lines from multiple
locations, often concentrated.
NOTE: antenna grid lines will not defrost
Not warrantable
Also, GSB20-7005 was quoted as the reason for warranty denial.

Peter

So far I have been unable to find out what that GSB - 20-7005 actually states. I've seen it listed a few times but no details. Anyone have any luck?

Peter
I bet it is TSB and not GSB. Being the 2 letters are next to each other on a keyboard, most likely a typo.

Well, nevermind, I did find that GSB exists (general service bulletin) but do not have any further info beyond this so far.

GSB 20-7005 - Effective Jan 31 2020
Various Vehicles - Glass Concern Analysis

Here we go..

Screenshot_20210227-201819_Office.jpg

Well, nevermind, I did find that GSB exists (general service bulletin) but do not have any further info beyond this so far.

GSB 20-7005 - Effective Jan 31 2020
Various Vehicles - Glass Concern Analysis
I could not find any further information on GSB 20-7005 either.

Don't take no for an answer and show them this thread or go to another dealer. Also you should call Ford and complain.
I'm waiting from a call back from the dealer and do plan to push them on this issue.

So far I have been unable to find out what that GSB - 20-7005 actually states. I've seen it listed a few times but no details. Anyone have any luck?

Peter
I'm also looking but have not had any luck.

Update. Dealer is ordering parts but advised it was not warrantable and referenced GSB - 20-7005. Not happy

View attachment 327994
Update: After two weeks of no contact from the dealer, I lodged a formal complaint with Ford Customer Relations (FCR). FCR agreed it should be covered under the new car 36month/36k warranty bumper-to-bumper warranty. No surprise, the dealer contacted me right away. I sent them pics and they got Ford's approval to replace the rear glass. All done in one day.

Also had the dealer confirm in writing that since the glass was replaced under warranty, it is still covered for the remainder of the factory warranty.

Hope this helps any others that might have this issue.

I just noticed mine is starting to peel off on the top and bottom rows. Most of the elements still work but for how long? It sucks that I have to have the entire glass replaced to get this fixed! It's unbelievable to me that such old technology is still a problem for manufacturers!? My vehicle is just over 2 years old and approaching the end of bumper to bumper warranty. Makes me wonder what else will fall apart or fail in the coming months.

......................................My vehicle is just over 2 years old and approaching the end of bumper to bumper warranty. Makes me wonder what else will fall apart or fail in the coming months.
Might be a good time to perhaps consider an ESP.

Peter

Back